Monday 10 December 2012

Christmas is nearly upon us...

Evening, all! Today I went to do a little more Christmas shopping... and ended up spending most of my time in the charity shops. It was a somewhat momentous occasion, as I finally bought what will be either my Christmas or New Year's outfit. I'm not going to show it yet, but it will be revealed in all its glorious detail soon! All I can give away is that there is a bit of a '30s vibe to it all...
So to start off my proper blogging adventures, here's a rather nutty picture of myself, very excited with today's purchases!

I bought this gorgeous little '50s/'60s travelling iron for £6!
Next up was this beautiful necklace, which I found for £2. I don't usually wear jewellery, but I liked this so much I had to get it. The lady serving me in the charity shop and I had a good long chinwag about the glories of 1940s fashion, and she told me a little anecdote about dressing like a '40s girl, with seamed stockings and a cigarette in a holder, back in a party in the '80s. (I might add this necklace to one of my festive outfits, so keep an eye out for it!)
Although I'm spending Christmas with my family this year, who don't drink very much, I picked up some cocktail recipes, which use my favourite of all teas - green - and Chivas Scotch whisky, which I've never tried... yet. Time for a cocktail party!

In the Christmas spirit, I decided to make a start on my dad's Christmas present: 'THE CHAP HAMPER', which is quickly being filled with cider, kettle chips, some 'Old Colonial Shaving Soap' from the Chap Shop, and some 'Man Flu' medicine, which I made from a box of Lemsip turned inside-out.


Love,
Jess x




1 comment:

  1. Oh, love the iron! I just bought my first vintage iron at a thrift store a few weeks ago and love it. That thing gets hotter than the sun though so I have to watch it but it does the job beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete