Tuesday 21 May 2013

Lunch

Today's (rather extravagant) looking lunch: asparagus in mustard vinaigrette with parma ham and a poached egg. Please forgive the rather sorry-looking poached egg. This is the first egg I have ever poached in my life! I have recently started watching the NBC series of Hannibal, which stars Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy, and have fallen head over heels with the food on it. This dish is inspired, in sort, by it.
Keep your eyes peeled (literally...) for some hannibalism on the blog in the near future. I'm aiming to recreate recipes including liver, heart, loin, and anything else that comes up in the remaining episodes of the series.
Check out the trailer:



In other news, my two-week exam (which I should be doing instead of writing this blog post) is underway. I have just about a week to go, so the stress is starting to pile up. Thanks to Hannibal, I'm eating good stuff rather than junk food, although I've no nails left to bite and sore hands make painful piano practice.
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment